IELTS Speaking January to April 2021 – Part 1
1. What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
2. Who do you live with?
3. How long have you lived there?
4. What’s the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
5. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
6. Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
7. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
8. Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
9. Please describe the room you live in.
10. What part of your home do you like the most ?
1. Describe your education
2. What is your area of specialization?
3. Why did you choose to study that major?
4. Do you like your major? (Why?/Why not?)
5. What kind of school did you go to as a child?
6. What was your favourite subject as a child?
7. Do you think your country has an effective education system?
8. (Possibly) Are you looking forward to working?
1. What do you do?
2. What are your responsibilities?
3. Why did you choose to do that type of work (or, that job)?
4. Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
5. Describe the company or organization you work for
6. Do you enjoy your work?
7. What do you like about your job?
8. What do you dislike about your job
9. (Possibly)Do you miss being a student?
1. (Do you like plants?)
2. (What plants do you like?)
3. (Have you ever grown any plants?)
4. (Did you grow any plants when you were a child?)
5. (Do you know how to grow any plants?)
1. (Do you go on field trips to museums to learn history?)
2. (Do you learn much history at school?)
3. (When was the last time you read a history publication?)
1. Do you prefer a long break or several breaks?
2. How often do you take a break?
3. What do you usually do during a break?
4. When do you usually have a break?
1. Have you visited a farm?
2. What can you do on a farm?
3. Do you think farming is important?
1. Where can you bargain? Why?
2. How do you bargain?
3. Do Vietnamese people bargain?
4. What do you think of bargaining?
1. What’s the decoration like in your home?
2. What kind of decoration do you want to have?
3. Do Vietnamese people like redecorating their home?
4. What’s your favorite color when decorating your home?
1. Do you often watch programs on the TV or on your cellphone?
2. What kind of TV programs do you like?
3. Do you like watching the same kind of program all the time?
4. Do you talk with your friends about the program you watched?
1. How do you celebrate New Year?
2. Do you still remember a new year that you celebrated?
3. Why do people think New Year is a new beginning?
1. How often do you read?
2. Do you have many books at home?
3. Do Vietnamese people do enough reading?
4. What kind of people like reading and what kind of people don’t?
1. Do you like singing?
2. When do you sing?
3. Will you take singing lessons in the future?
4. Did you enjoy singing when you were younger?
1. (Do you think mathematics is important?)
2. (Do you think it is difficult to learn mathematics well?)
3. (Are girls generally good at mathematics?)
4. (Do you often use a calculator?)
1. Is there anything that makes you feel happy lately?
2. What do you do to stay happy?
3. Can you stay happy all the time?
4. Can you stay happy all the time?
1. Is it easy for you to remember people’s names?
2. How do you remember people’s names?
3. How do you feel when people can’t remember your name?
4. Do you often forget people’s names?
1. Do you like to get up early in the morning?
2. What do you do in the morning? What is your morning routine?
3. Is breakfast important?
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Do you like dark colors?
3. Do you usually wear clothes in your favorite color?
4. Are there any colors you dislike?
1. What do you need to be focused?
2. What might distract you when you are trying to stay focused?
3. What do you do to help you concentrate?
4. Is it difficult for you to stay focused on something?
1. What sports did you do when you were a kid?
2. What is your favorite sport? Why?
3. Do watch sports matches? Why?
4. Are you a fan of any sports teams? Why?
1. Do you like texting?
2. Do you prefer sending or receiving message?
3. Have you ever received a confusing text message?
4. In what circumstances is making a call better than sending a text message?
1. Do you have a lot of furniture in your home?
2. Is there anyone who bought furniture for you?
3. What kind of furniture would you like to buy?
4. Which furniture do you like best in your home?
1. What do you always do in a hurry? Why?
2. What kind of things would you never do in a hurry?
3. Do you usually go out in a hurry?
4. Do you like to be in a hurry?
1. Did you go on a picnic when you were a child?
2. Did you go on a picnic when you were a child?
3. Did you go on a picnic when you were a child?
– Do you drink a lot of water every day?
– Do you drink tap or bottled water?
– Do you drink tap or bottled water?
– Is bottled water very expensive in your country?
1. What do you plan to change next year?
2. Do you like changes? Why?
3. Are there any changes in your hometown?
4. Have you changed a lot since your childhood?
1. Do you like reading?
2. Do you like to read at home or in other places?
3. In what place do you think it is difficult to read?
4. Do you like to read by yourself or with other people?
1. Which part of your country do you want to live in?
2. What makes you feel proud of your country?
3. Do you know the history of your country well?
1. Do you make a list when you shop?
2. Do you make a list for your work? (Does it work?)
3. Why don’t some people like making lists?
4. Do you prefer making a list on paper or mobile phone?
1. What’s your favorite color of clothes?
2. What kind of clothes do you never wear?
3. What kind of clothes do you usually wear?
4. Do you wear the same style of clothes on weekdays and weekends?
1. Do you like trying activities? Why?
2. What activities would you like to try?
3. What activities did you do when you were a child?
4. Do you like to try new activities alone or with friends?
1. What do you usually do on weekends?
2. Did you do anything special last weekend?
3. What will you do next weekend?
4. What do other people in your hometown usually do on weekends?
1. Do you often go to the cinema on weekends?
2. Do you often go to the cinema on weekends?
3. Will you recycle in the future?
4. What kind of things do you recycle?
1. Do you often write things?
2. Do you prefer to write by hand or write using computer?
3. Do you think computers might one day replace handwriting?
4. When do children begin to write in your country?
1. Do you enjoy your current stage of life?
2. Which stage of your life do you think is the most important?
3. In which stage of your life were you the happiest?
4. What is your plan for your next stage of life?
1. (Have you borrowed books from others?)
2. (Have you ever borrowed money from others?)
3. (Do you like lending things to others?)
4. (How do you feel when people don’t return things they borrowed from you?)
1. (Is there any beautiful scenery in your hometown?)
2. (How can you try to live in a house with a good view?)
3. (Do people like to take photos of beautiful scenery?)
4. (Why do people prefer to use mobile phones to take photos of beautiful scenery?)
1. Do you know your neighbors?
2. Do you like your neighbors?
3. What do you think of your neighbors?
4. How often do you see (or talk to) your neighbors?
5. When do you meet your neighbors?
1. What is your favourite snack?
2. What kind of snack is popular in your country?
3. When do you usually have snacks?