IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Scenery
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. (Is there any beautiful scenery in your hometown?)
(Answer) My hometown is renowned for its breathtaking scenery.
(Give a reason for your answer) It is an area of outstanding natural beauty and for me, one of the most beautiful places on earth. It has everything; historical sites, fantastic beaches, rolling mountains, dense forests and picturesque countryside, extraordinary cuisine and hospitable people. There are also golden palaces, temples,shrines, and an impressive dancing stage, majestic tombs, and ancient meditative landscapes.
2. (How can you try to live in a house with a good view?)
(Answer) A good location can mean different things to different people, of course, but there are also objective factors that determine a home’s value. For me, it is the accessibility, appearance, and amenities of the residential area that are inextricably linked with how good the view of my house is.
3. (Do people like to take photos of beautiful scenery?)
(Answer) Well, I think most people do.
(Give a reason for your answer) Shooting landscapes forces you to get outside and find the beauty around you. Sometimes this means discovering places right in front of your eyes that you just never noticed were beautiful before. For me, whenever I get out and set up to shoot a landscape scene, I find that my mind is freed of worry and distractions.
4. (Why do people prefer to use mobile phones to take photos of beautiful scenery?)
(Answer) I think this is a matter of personal choice.
(Give a reason for your answer) For one thing, handy gadgets like phones help one to capture beautiful scenery at any time they want. Then, they can share the photos immediately on social networking sites such as Facebook,Instagram. And when the pictures are stored in your cell phone, it is much easier to see them as compared to a professional camera.
1. residential area
Meaning: an area where people live
Example: I live in a residential area of a busy town in the south of Spain
Meaning: a technological tool like a mobile phone or camera Example: Such a gadget would help you considerably in studying.
3. renowned [adj]: famous :
Eg: She felt pressure because of her renowned father.
4. outstanding [adj]: clearly very much better than what is usual:
Eg: Her outstanding performances set a new benchmark for singers throughout the world.
5. picturesque [adj]: (esp. of a place) attractive in appearance:
Eg: The city is known for its picturesque surroundings and pleasant climate.
6. majestic [adj]: beautiful, powerful, or causing great admiration and respect:
Eg: The majestic Montana scenery will leave you breathless.
7. inextricably [adv]: in a way that is unable to be separated, released, or escaped from:
Eg: The Louis Armstrong legend is inextricably linked with his recordings.
8. distraction (n): something that prevents someone from giving their attention to something else:
Eg: You can turn the television off if you find it a distraction.
9. handy [adj]: useful or convenient:
Eg: We found it handy to have a cellular phone.