IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Snacks
1. What snacks do you like to eat?
– Sample answer 1: Actually, there are many kinds. You know, nuts and cereals are my favorite. I just can’t say no to the pistachios, cashews, walnuts and something like that, so sometimes I choose the bag of mixed nuts. And I just prefer to have cereals with some yoghurt, like two or three times a week.
– Sample answer 2: I like to have some yoghurt, nuts or fruits between meals like blueberries, mangos, oranges. I don’t eat sweets or cakes much because they’re high in calories. Too much intake of these snacks will lead to obesity easily. I don’t want to put on too much weight.
2. Did you often eat snacks when you were young?
– Sample answer 1: Yeah coz no one is gonna resist the temptation from those yummy food, especially the chips and those lovely sweets. I still remember the flavor of a kind of sweet, which tasted extremely sour, like preserved plums. Well, I should say, back then I was totally obsessed with it.
– Sample answer 2: Yes, when I was a kid, I had a sweet tooth. I used to eat a lot of candies, chocolate bars, cakes… . As a result, I had serious tooth decay, and I remember what a nightmare it was every time when I went to the dentist.
3. Do you think it is healthy for you to eat snacks?
– Sample answer 1: Well to my knowledge, most snacks are over processed, so it’s definitely not so healthy for me to eat a lot of them or eat those kinds of food frequently. I tend to have some in my spare time, just eat in moderation. After all, snacks taste good and they can also put me in a good mood.
– Sample answer 2: Most snacks people eat are high in calories in sugars, and they often contain substantial amounts of preservatives and additives. You have to be really careful to choose snacks that are healthy if you want a balanced diet.
4. When do you usually eat snacks now?
– Sample answer 1: In most cases, I eat some nuts before I go to the gym because it’s said that almonds are good for muscle recovering and building. And I also eat some dark chocolate when I don’t have time to eat meals. It can put my mind at ease and I really love its bitterness.
– Sample answer 2: Normally in the late afternoon when I feel groggy and lack of energy, I would have some refreshments to recharge my batteries. And also after working out in the gym, I’ll eat a protein bar or have some carbs.
5. What is your favourite snack?
A snack I really enjoy (although not the healthiest) has to be salt & vinegar chips! Honestly, anything generally sour is wonderful, as a kid I used to eat lemons right off the tree. Apart from this, I love hummus and crackers, fresh veggies, and anything baked or homemade!
6. What kind of snack is popular in your country?
Well, there are loads of snacks and street eats in Vietnam. Trying Vietnamese snacks will bring you a great eating experience. There are some popular names of Vietnamese snacks that won’t let you down is Goi Cuon, Banh Gio, Nem Lui, Banh Beo, Bot Bot Loc, Banh Trang Tron, Bo Kho, etc.
7. When do you usually have snacks?
It depends what I’ve been eating and what my schedule is like, but my blood sugar issues can require me to eat something every two to three hours. I’m more likely to need a snack between breakfast and lunch than between lunch and dinner.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Geography Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Singing – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Denny Müller on Unsplash