IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Weekend
1. What do you usually do on weekends?
Well literally anything. I’m supposed to do chores on Saturday and it takes me hours to do one. On Sunday, I usually schedule a meeting with my friends. We mostly just eat out, drink craft beers and play board games, but we occasionally watch a movie or go to an event in the city.
2. Did you do anything special last weekends?
3. What will you do next weekend?
4. What do other people in your hometown usually do on weekends?
5. Would you say weekends are important to us?
Yes, I could say, that weekends are really important. Weekends give us the chance to improve on ourselves as people rather than always improving our professional skills, to spend time with friends and family, and to plan a weekend trip in a nearby place. Thanks to weekends, we are more relaxed and productive when we go back to work.
6. Do you often go to the cinema on weekends?
I probably only go once every two or three months because I have less time now than I did when I was a student, and when I do have free time, I usually want to hang out with my friends and have a chat, rather than sit down and watch films.
1. Take (time) to do something: to spend enough time to do something well or carefully
It took her two hours to travel from Hanoi to Phu Tho
2. Hang out with (phrasal verb) to spend a lot of time in a place or with someone
They spent the whole Saturday hanging out by the lake