Topic “primary school” often appears in IELTS Speaking Part 1. This is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this part correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic primary school
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic primary school Questions and answers
1. Which primary school did you go to?
I went to a primary school that was close to my house. It was actually within walking distance, but my mom always dropped me off because she didn’t want me to go by myself. It was a pretty small school, so I knew everyone really well. That meant I had a lot of great friendships, which was awesome.
2. How did you like your primary school?
I really liked my primary school. It was fairly small, which meant that I knew my classmates really well. I even had friends who were in other grades. There was a really nice sense of community there. I never felt lonely or left out. That feeling of acceptance is what I remember most .
3. How did you go to primary school every day?
I usually got a ride from my mom. She had time before work to drop me off, so I never had to walk to school or take the bus. On the days when my mom was too busy to drop me off, I just got a ride with one of my friends.
4. What did you do in your leisure time when you were in primary school?
My favourite thing to do in primary school was playing with my friends. Whenever we had a break from studying, we would run around and play tag or hide-and-seek. We acted like we were robbing a bank or discovering a hidden treasure. It was so much fun.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic primary school vocabulary
|drop off (phrasal verb)||an act of taking people, goods, mail, etc. to a place, or the place where you take them|
|be left out (phrasal verb)||to be sad because other people are doing something without you||The older children had gone upstairs to play and she felt left out.|
|hide-and-seek (noun)||a children’s game in which a group of children hide in secret places and then one child has to go to look for them|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic car trip – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic environmental protection – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Wild animals – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Holidays – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Science – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Shoes – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Weather – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Maths – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Special costumes – Free Lesson
Vocabulary source: Cambridge Dictionary https://dictionary.cambridge.org/
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 1 at the British Council website: