“IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic Pets and animals” often appears in IELTS Speaking Part 1. This is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this part correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
Pets and animals is a new topic of IELTS Speaking September to December 2021 Part 1.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Pets and animals
Questions and answers
1. What’s your favorite animal? Why?
Well, I’m crazy about pandas. They look like giant teddy bears, but with striking black and white markings. And they have black eye patches that make them look pretty funny. I mean, no animals are more adorable than pandas, are they?
2. Have you ever had a pet before?
Yes, I’ve had a pet before. When I was little, my family got a cat. It was a really sweet cat that loved getting attention. Now that I’m living on my own, I have a small dog. He only came up to my knees. He’s really energetic and loves going for walks. I spend a lot of my day with him.
3. What animal would you like to keep as a pet?
Well, I’d like to have a pet snake. Some people are freaked out by snakes, but I think they’re cute. It’s just hard to take care of them. They require a lot of care and effort. But it would be really cool to have an exotic pet.
4. What’s the most popular animal in China?
I think cats and dogs are probably the most popular animals in China. They’re the most common household pet because they’re pretty easy to take care of Cats don’t require a lot except for food and a place to sleep. Dogs might take up more of your time, but they make great companions.
5. Where do you prefer to keep your pet, indoors or outdoors?
I prefer having my pet indoors. Some people have outdoor cats, but I would be too worried about the cat getting stolen or lost. Having a pet inside means that they can keep you company throughout the day. It’s so nice to bond with an animal. I really love spending time with my own dog.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Public gardens and parks – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Getting lost – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Science – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Daily routine Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Cars Free
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 1 at the British Council website: