IELTS Speaking Part 1 Advertisements
Questions and Answers
1. Are there many advertisements in your country?
I would say yes. You can easily see a wide range of advertisements almost everywhere in my hometown. For example, almost half of a newspaper is made up of ads.
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
I guess it’s due to their benefits. First, advertising is an essential part of promotional campaigns for companies to reach their end users. It helps raise the visibility of a company’s brand. Second, advertisements can act as decoration on the street. I find a street better-looking with advertisements.
3. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
Today advertising gets to people through different forms of communication, from print media to electronic ones, so you can see advertisements on websites, social networks or in the newspapers and magazines. There are also ads you see outdoors as well, for example, large banners and posters hung on the roads, on the buses or trains.
4. How do you feel about advertisements?
Most people may find those ways of product promotion annoying, but I’m an exception. I’m quite into advertisements. They’re colourful, brilliantly designed, illustrated, photographed or typeset pieces and often have useful, informative contents.
1. Promotional campaign: [noun] A series of advertisements using various marketing tools that share the same message and ideas to promote a business or event to a target audience.
Example: Promotional campaigns play a crucial role in the marketing strategy of a company.
2. End users: [noun] Person or organization that actually uses a product
Example: We provide the best quality products to our end users.
3. Print media: [noun] refers to paper publications circulated in the form of physical editions of newspapers, articles, journals, etc
4. Electronic media: [noun] refers to television, radio, etc
5. Informative: [adjective] giving useful information
Example: The professor’s lecture was very informative and I learned a lot from it.