Topic “Festivals” often appears in Part 1. This is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this part correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Festivals
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Festivals questions and answers
1. How do you celebrate festivals in your country?
(Answer) I celebrate each festival by choosing to feel happy, light hearted, joyful, and reaching out to share these sentiments with my family members and friends.
(Give a reason for your answer) I just want to get out and explore the festive spirit in the streets with my beloved people. For example, every year on the Tet holiday, my family go for a stroll through the neighborhood to see how people are celebrating, and every year, we end up drinking ourselves silly and having an amazing time – one that we never would’ve expected beforehand.
2. What special food and activities do you have for these festivals?
3. How do you celebrate Spring Festivals?
4. What is your favorite festival of the year?
(Answer) I love Tet the most, because it is the biggest festival of the year with the whole country downing tools for family get-togethers. Because of the fact that Vietnamese families are so close-knit, the Tet Holiday is considered the best occasion for family members to return home and get together.
5. What is the most popular Vietnamese festival?
(Answer) the Tet holiday, without a doubt.
(Give a reason for your answer) Tet Nguyen Dan is the biggest and most important holiday in Vietnam to show respect and remembrance for ancestors. While there are some parallels between the Vietnamese celebrations of Tet and Chinese Lunar New Year, the Vietnamese version is unique and distinct in many facets.
6. Do you like Western festivals?
(Answer) Yes, I quite enjoy them.
(Give a reason for your answer) The Western festive atmosphere enables me to feel cozy and comfortable. There is also an increasing number of people joining the celebration. Personally, the pursuit of pleasure rooted in Western festivals is widely accepted by most people in my nation who intend to relax and escape their fast pace of living and relieve stress.
7. Where do people usually go during festival?
(Answer) There are many places that people usually go to during festivals.
(Give a reason for your answer) Public places would be many people’s favorite choice, and for some families, they want to go to places where the weather is neither too cold nor too hot, where the foliage of trees has turned yellow or red, which offer picturesque views.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Festivals vocabulary
|if a group of people are close-knit, they all help and support each other||Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family.|
something very similar to something else, or a similarity between two things
I’m trying to see if there are any obvious parallels between the two cases.
comfortable and pleasant, especially (of a building) because of being small and warm
This room is nice and cozy in the winter.
the act of trying to achieve a plan, activity, or situation, usually over a long period of time
The company is ruthless in its pursuit of profit.
the leaves of a plant or tree, or leaves on the stems or branches on which they are growing
The dense foliage overhead almost blocked out the sun.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (Update 2021) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Special costumes – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Holidays – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Public gardens and parks – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic TV program – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Weather – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Wallet – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic environmental protection – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic primary school – Free Lesson
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 1 at the British Council website: