Topic “sky” often appears in IELTS Speaking Part 1. This is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this part correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Sky and stars
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Sky Questions and Answers
1. Do you like to watch the sky?
Yes, I really love looking at the sky! Depending on the time of day, it can have the prettiest colors. For example, I love watching the sunset because you can watch the sky go from blue to orange to red to pink. It’s really amazing. I think it reminds you of how beautiful the world can be.
2. Can you see the moon and stars at night where you live?
3. Do you prefer the sky in the morning or the sky at night?
Yes, I can usually see the moon and stars at night from my house. Sometimes there’s a bit of light pollution, so I don’t get the clearest view. But for the most part, I can make out constellations. I love searching for them with my friends when they come over.
4. Is there a good place to look at the sky where you live?
There’s a park close to my house. It’s far enough from the city that you don’t get as much light pollution. So, on a clear night, you can go to the park and stargaze. It’s so beautiful and I love going there as often as I can. It’s really fun finding all the constellations.
5. What is the sky like at night in your hometown?
(Answer) The night sky where I live is simply a breathtaking view.
(Give a reason for your answer) As I live in the countryside, the sky is not affected by light pollution, so there are numerous shining stars in a broad blackish background. Therefore, the view is perfect for anyone who has a thirst for freedom.
6. Do you like to watch stars?
(Answer) I find star-watching extremely interesting.
(Give a reason for your answer) I believe that every star in the cosmos has its own function and holds a unique mystery to be discovered. This is a greatinspiration to me.
7. Have you ever taken a course about stars?
(Answer) I haven’t ever enrolled in such courses, but I would love to in the future.
(Give a reason for your answer) I have always wanted to know how constellations retain their shape in zero gravity without floating throughspace.
8. What’s your favorite star?
(Answer) The Sun is my favorite star, I would say.
(Give a reason for your answer) This is because of its power and importance to life. If we could find a star similar to the Sun out there in space, we would be able to discover alien life forms and complete our quest for a new homeland.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Birds – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic New activities – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Colors – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Maths – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Daily routine – Free Lesson
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Sky Vocabulary
1. a work of art/a work of music/a work of literature (expression): a painting, sculpture, book, play, piece of music etc.
Example: Shakespeare’s plays are considered as one of the greatest works ofliterature in the English language.
2. the aesthetic qualities of something (expression): The qualities related to beauty and understanding the beauty of something.
Example: One advantage of studying the arts is that students learn to appreciate the aesthetic qualities of paintings, literature and music.
1. a breathtaking view (expression): an extremely beautiful view
Example: From the top of the mountain, there is a breathtaking view of the coast.
2. to have a thirst for something (expression): to have a strong desire for something
Example: He has been all over the world, but he still has a thirst for seeing new places and enjoying new experiences.
Space Exploration Vocabulary:
1. The cosmos (noun): the universe, especially when it is thought of as an ordered system
Example: Although the challenge of exploring and understanding the cosmos is exciting, it is also very expensive
2. To be an inspiration to (expression): to make somebody excited about something, especially thinking of the future
Example: The images of the first men on the moon were an inspiration to people, and made them more hopeful about the future.
3. Zero gravity (expression): having no force to pull objects to the ground, so that they float.
Example: Living in conditions of zero gravity in space must be extremely tiring and uncomfortable.
4. To float through space (expression): to move slowly in the air
Example: Space tourism would be really boring, simply floating through space and looking out of the window of the spacecraft.
5. Alien life forms (expression): creatures from another world
Example: One of the most exciting possibilities of the space program is finding alien life forms on other planets.
6. The quest for a new homeland (expression): the search for a new place to inhabit
Example: As humans are destroying their own planet, the quest for a new homeland in the universe is essential.
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 1 at the British Council website: