QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic List
1. Do you make a list when you shop?
Yes, I do. Every time I go the super market, I make a shopping list so that I can focus on the stuff I really need, thus saving a lot of my time and energy.
2. Do you make a list for your work? (Does it work?)
Not all the time. It depends on if my schedule is busy or not. For example, I always make my to- do list work for November and December because at that time I have exams. Therefore, I make a to-do list to get organized and help me focus on the most urgent things I have to get done first. By doing this, I can get things done faster and more productively.
3. Why don’t some people like making lists?
Well some of my friends never make to-do lists because they find it does not work for them. They get so overwhelmed just by looking at all the things they need to do and they feel that they are continuously adding to their list but not reducing it.
4. Do you prefer making a list on paper or mobile phone?
I prefer using a digital to-do list because it is extremely convenient. It gives me the liberty to change and update my lists conveniently. Additionally, I can add tags to activities that need attention as a priority. I can also have a daily set of tasks that repeat themselves and I can move tasks, up and down, depending on their sequence.
1. Overwhelmed (adj) to cause someone to feel sudden strong emotion
She was overwhelmed by the feelings of remorse for what she has done
2. Priority (noun) something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
We need to establish a new set of priorities.