“Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve” is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this topic correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
“Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve” is a new topic of IELTS Speaking September to December 2021 Part 2.
Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve
Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve Cue card
You should say:
- What it is
- When you discovered it
- How you want to improve it
- And how you feel about it
Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve Sample answer
Speaking of natural talents, I guess I may have a little talent for writing novels. I actually didn’t discover it myself, but all my friends said I was adept at writing.
Several months ago, I had a meet-up at a coffee shop with a couple of my friends. One of them was Lisa, who loves writing so much. She told us that she was planning to take part in a novel-writing competition for sci-fi novels. She had come up with a good frame for the story. But to think up something more creative, she asked us for advice and hoped to get some inspiration for the details about the aliens. So we all expanded our imagining of aliens and had an unrestrained brainstorming sesp.
I remember I said the aliens might have existed on Earth and lived among us. And they might have observed and intervened with human civilization for some purpose. I shared a lot of my thoughts. My friends all complimented me for my unique ideas. Lisa even said I was creative and had the potential to write fiction.You know, I was so flattered.
I do enjoy reading all kinds of novels. So what my friends said made me want to try it out. Since I’ve never written a novel, I definitely should have more writing practice. After all, the logic of writing matters a lot, which is what I think I’m lacking. Seriously, I’ll try my best to see if I can turn my talent into income one day.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2023) Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2023) Describe an item on which you spent more than expected – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2023) Describe a time when you saw two of your friends argued – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2023) Describe an occasion when many people were smiling – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2023) Describe a tall building in your city you like or you dislike – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (2023) Describe a creative person whose work you admire – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (2023) Describe a difficult decision that you once made – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve Part 3
1. Do you think artists with talents should focus on their talents?
Yes, I suppose that doing art is a wonderful activity and artists should definitely take advantage of their natural talents if they have a talent for art. Art can take many different forms including painting, drawing, sculpture, and music. A lot of children really love to do artwork, but not all of them continue with their art into adulthood. I think it would be better if people who have a natural talent for art are encouraged to explore that talent throughout their lives .
2. Is it possible for us to know whether children who are 3 or 4 years old will become musicians and painters when they grow up?
No, I don’t think it’s possible. I mean, it might be possible in some cases. For example, child
prodigies will probably be really successful later in life. And you can definitely show proficiency in some talents when you’re young. But you don’t know what kind of career path a child will choose to take, especially when malting that choice is still in the distant future. They might be an amazing painter and yet decide to become a doctor or a veterinarian. So it’s too hard to tell at that age.
3. Why do people like to watch talent shows?
Well, a large part of it is because talent shows are really entertaining. You get to see fairly ordinary people doing cool things. Even if it’s something more regular like singing or playing an instrument, you get to see things that you might not be able to do. I think that makes it really interesting. I also think some people watch these shows sadistically, because they might like to watch the less talented contestants fail and get kicked out of the show.
4. Do you think it is more interesting to watch famous people’s or ordinary people’s shows?
I suppose that for the most part, it’s more interesting to watch ordinary people’s shows. Celebrities are cool, but it’s only because we all agree to fmd them interesting and valuable. Of course, people matter whether they’re famous or not, but with celebrities in general, they’re pretty much just like us. They’ve just had the chance to become well-known. Plus, ordinary people are usually more down to earth, and thus they’re more genuine. I think that’s more interesting than watching celebrities.
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 2 at the British Council website: