Describe a place in other countries where you would like to work
Today, I would like to talk about a place in foreign countries where I would like to work. It is Melbourne, the second largest city in Australia which has become home for millions of people from various countries around the world.
In Melbourne, I would like to work for an environmental NGO, as my specialty at/in university is Environmental Resources. So, right after I finish my studies in Vietnam, I will go to Melbourne to apply for a job there.
Well, the reasons why I would like to work in Melbourne are quite simple. First, I have a lot of friends and relatives who live and work in Melbourne. They can help me whenever I need. They also tell me that the community of Vietnamese overseas is very large in Melbourne. So, the multicultural challenge won’t be a big problem for me. And what’s more, like Sydney, Tokyo or some other cities in the world, Melbourne is a ‘liveable city’ due to / because of its high ranking in education, research and healthy lifestyle/ way of life. So I think that to live, study or work there will be an interesting experience.
1. Various : different, a variety of, many types of.
Example: My students come from various countries in the world, such as India, Laos, Thailand, etc.
2. Specialty :[noun] focus, special field of study
Example: Marie Cury was a well-known scientist with her specialty in radiation.
3. Apply for a job/position: [verb] to enroll in, to write a letter asking for a job
Example: She submited a letter to apply for that post/ position
4. Relatives: Someone who is close in the family branch, such as aunt, uncle, cousin, and so on.
Example: Tet holiday is an occasion for us to visit our relatives‘ houses and to give them best Wishes
5. Vietnamese overseas [noun] : Vietnamese people who live in foreign countries
Example: Each year, the Vietnamese overseas contribute a large amount of money to the country’s development.
6. Multi-cultural challenge : difficulties caused by the clash between so many cultures
Example:Australia is an example of multi- cultural country
7. Liveable [adjective] + city: a city with favorable conditions for living
Example: This city is a liveable place for the poor
8. Ranking [noun] : level, qualification
Example: The ranking of education of Vietnam is still fairly low in the region
9. Healthy [adjective] good for health, good for operation
Example: Investors require a healthy environment for their business activities in Vietnam