Describe a place you visited on vacation is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this topic correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
“Describe a place you visited on vacation” is a new topic of IELTS Speaking September to December 2021 Part 2.
Describe a place you visited on vacation
You should say:
- Where it is;
- When you went there;
- What you did there;
- And explain why you went there.
Speaking of a place I’ve travelled to during holidays, the first one that comes to mind is definitely Weihai, which is located in the easternmost part of Shandong province. That area is close to the sea, which makes it a hotspot for lots of people.
I have a friend who moved to the city last year, so I visited her as well as toured the city during the National Day holiday last year. It has a really good location because it’s surrounded by the sea on three sides , and there are lots of terrific attractions in the city. My friend toured with me to discover the city for two whole days. We went to the famous beach and also tried the seafood. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
Anyway, my favorite part of the city is a long bike path that was built alongside the sea. We rented bicycles to ride along the coast. You can feel the soft sea breeze and even enjoy the sparkling while riding, which is fantastic. When we got tired, we laid on a nearby beach and enjoyed It definitely made us feel like a million bucks.
As an inlander, I really crave the feeling of living by the sea. So I really love that city. It has breathtaking views and fresh air. You could easily fmd a place to kick back and relax . In fact, I have strongly recommended this place to many friends. It’s definitely worth visiting.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2021) Describe an occasion when many people were smiling – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2021) Describe an item on which you spent more than expected – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- ( Update 2021) Describe a time when you saw two of your friends argued – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2021) Describe a tall building in your city you like or you dislike – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- ( Update 2021) Describe a natural talent (sports, music, etc) you want to improve – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2021) Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2021) Describe a law on environmental protection your country should have – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2021) Describe an occasion when you were not allowed to use your mobile phone – IELTS Speaking Part 2
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
1. What are some popular attractions that people usually like to visit in your country?
Some popular- attractions that people like to visit include museums, shopping malls, and national parks. If you are visiting a new city, you are going to want to explore everything that it has to offer. It is important to do your research first to fmd out what kinds of things you would actually enjoy doing. Some people love history and visit lots of museums, while others are very outdoors and prefer to hike through national parks.
2. Do old people and young people choose different places to go on vacation? Why?
Yes, I think old people tend to pick more relaxing places, while young people want to have adventures in an exciting setting. Old people would probably be content to sit on a beach and relax all day. Or they might choose places with a lot of history and just do walking tours. But young people are more inclined towards places where they can explore a lot and do exciting activities like diving or parasailing. So they might choose exotic locations to check out.
3. What do young people and old people think about when making travel plans?
I think old people usually consider their personal comfort. They want to know that they won’t be too exhausted at the end of each day. So they might choose very low-key tips’ and not put a lot of activities on their itinerary. But young people are less concerned with comfort and more interested in having adventures. So they’ll want to pick somewhere that’ll be exciting and they’ll probably plan to do a lot of strenuous or challenging activities.
4. How do people usually discover a new place to travel?
Most people discover a new place to travel by talking to other travelers or reading reviews online. There are a lot of smaller cities and towns that only locals know about. These places are usually less busy and less expensive than the popular tourist cities, so they can be a great option to explore. Sometimes a good strategy is to start your trip in a major city, then speak to some of the locals there and ask them if they know of any good spots nearby.
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 2 at the British Council website: