Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this topic correctly, you need a good vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
“Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop” is a new topic of IELTS Speaking September to December 2021 Part 2.
Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue card
You should say:
- Who your friend is;
- What habit he/she has;
- When you noticed this habit;
- And explain why you want to develop this habit
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample answers
I’d like to talk about my roommate who has a good habit of working out on a daily basis. He especially likes recreational cycling.
Actually, lie developed this habit about two years ago when he planned to lose some weight and keep in shape. He set a goal to lose five kilos in two months. And biking worked like a charm for him, so he decided to make it a regular fitness activity for himself.
The place where he goes biking the most is a park that was recently built near our apartment. It has a really good location because it’s next to a beautiful lake in our city. And there’s a long bike path that has been built alongside the lake. My roommate usually goes biking there about two or three times a week. Each time he spends at least an hour there.
Since we live together, I know his habit very well. Sometimes I go biking with him. But it’s a pity that I haven’t been able to go cycling very often because I’ve been swamped with school assignments. I do hope that I can start riding daily and stick to it. For one, it would be a great way for me to relieve my back pain. Besides, cycling at a beautiful place helps me blow off some steam. It’s definitely an excellent way to stay mentally fit as well.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2021) Describe a town or city where you would like to live in the future – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2021) Describe an item on which you spent more than expected – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- ( 2021) Describe a cafe you have visited – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- ( Update 2021) Describe a time when you saw two of your friends argued – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2021) Describe an occasion when many people were smiling – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2021) Describe a tall building in your city you like or you dislike – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
Part 3 : Follow up Questions
1. What habits should children have? How can they have these habits?
I suppose that children should get into the habit of cleaning their rooms and picking up after themselves. They should be aware of whatever mess they create, and they should take care of it as much as they can. It teaches them to be responsible and proactive. They can develop these habits by doing simple tasks, like making their bed every day. Once they have enough practice, they’ll become more cleanly.
2. What are the common habits of adults?
Well,there are some basic habits like having a good sleep schedule, eating balanced meals every day, and having good hygiene by flossing and brushing your teeth. Most people would consider those essential habits to develop if you really want to act like an adult. Unlike young people, adults avoid staying out late and partying all the time. Adults also do things like exercising regularly, budgeting, and handling other responsibilities like paying bills.
3. What should parents do to teach their children good habits?
I think that parents should first demonstrate the good habits themselves. Children learn from observations, and if they see their parents doing things like regularly flossing or eating breakfast every day, then they’ll be motivated to do those same activities. Parents should also explain the importance of developing good habits to their kids. If children understand the importance and the benefits of those habits, they’ll be inclined to develop them as well.
You can find out more information about IELTS Speaking Part 2 at the British Council website: