Describe a product you bought that you were happy with
You should say:
what you bought
(when and) where you bought it
why you bought it
and explain why you were happy with it.
It was last summer that I bought a new yogurt maker and I am very satisfied with it.
This machine is quite small and fits conveniently into my kitchen. Interestingly, it looks like a cooker with six glasses inside. And the most important thing is that it is very easy to use. You just have to pour the mixture of ingredients to make yogurt into these glasses, turn the yogurt maker on and leave it for a few hours. Then, you will have delicious home-made yogurt.
Thanks to the simple instructions, I can make yogurt for my whole family any time I want. As yogurt is good for our health, eating it daily can make people healthier, it can help to prevent some potentially fatal diseases and boost the human immune system. Therefore, the members of my family have all adopted the habit of eating yogurt every day. Owning a yogurt maker helped me to cut down considerably the amount of time that it took to make yogurt, not to mention the higher quality as opposed to the traditional method.
At present, I still make yogurt every day for my family with this machine and I think that this is an indispensable product for preparing an essential part of our regular diet.
– fits: [verb] is the right shape and size for something.
Example: This jacket fits me perfectly, but those shoes don’t fit at all.
– pour: [verb] to make a liquid flow from a container.
Example: Pour some milk into my glass, please.
– potentially: [adverb] used to say that something may develop into something.
Example: Smoking will not kill you immediately, but it is potentially harmful for your health.
– fatal: [adjective] causing or ending in death.
Example: Police were called to a fatal accident, in which 3 people were killed.
– immune system: [expression] the system in your body that helps it fight against infection
Example: A strong immune system is necessary to remain fit and healthy.
– adopted the habit: [expression] started to use a particular method of doing something.
Example: Last month, my friend adopted the habit of running for one hour every day in
order to keep fit.
– cut down: [phrasal verb] reduce the amount, size or number of something.
Example: I should cut down my working hours and spend more time just relaxing.
– indispensable: [adjective] too important to be without it
Example: A good dictionary is indispensable for learning a foreign language.